CASLT receives financial support for our projects from various sources through contribution agreements, grants, contracts and sponsorships. Membership fees, advertising, and publication sales complement our revenue stream.
Current CASLT major projects include:
- Core French and Intensive French Teacher and Program Support
- A Common Framework of Reference and a Portfolio for Languages in Canada
- LangCanada, Web Site Portal, Teacher Resource Index and Youth Experience Inventory
- Celebrating Languages Poster Series and Teacher Guide
- Exemplary Practices Database and Podcast Series
- Core French Research Bibliography and Database – funding support received from la Commission Amérique du Nord (CAN)
- Online Professional Development Support for Language Assistants Program – funding support received from Embassy of Canada in France
CASLT supports research to inform policy and practice toward improving second language programs across Canada. These reports are distributed to key decision makers.