Our Strategic Directions
Mission & Vision
CASLT Mission – Our Raison D’être
CASLT promotes the advancement of second language learning and teaching throughout Canada by creating opportunities for professional development, by encouraging research, and by facilitating the sharing of information and the exchange of ideas among second language educators. The CASLT mission fosters and advances professional excellence in the teaching of second languages in Canada.
CASLT Vision - What We Aspire To
CASLT believes that second language learning is an essential component of a formal education and that every second language teacher should have the opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive professional community. CASLT is committed to enhancing awareness, appreciation and understanding of the importance of second language learning and teaching throughout Canada and beyond.
CASLT Values and Beliefs
- CASLT values the importance of languages and the diversity of culture and the ability to communicate in a second language contributes to the full development of the human potential;
- CASLT values the provision of the best educational opportunities for second language learners and the capability of every individual to learn a second language according to his or her needs, interests and abilities;
- CASLT values networking among the second language communities and the fundamental component of cultural, linguistic and ethnic diversity to our Canadian identity;
- CASLT values its members at the core of its mandate; CASLT values programs which are informed by research;
- CASLT values building strong partnerships to better achieve its mission. CASLT cooperates with partner organizations as part of our dedication to provide a cohesive voice and effective action on second language issues.