Call for Proposals
The International Federation of Language Teacher Associations, the Ontario Modern Language Teachers’ Association and the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers invite you to submit a proposal for a workshop or presentation at the 2015 World Congress of Modern Languages: Collaborating across Languages and Borders.
This exciting and rewarding event will bring together over 1,000 participants, including a wide range of national and international language education stakeholders – it is a unique opportunity to benefit from networking and from learning about innovative pedagogies, research, and policy in the field. We will gather to find out about new technologies, to share strategies and practices, to discuss emerging research, to examine important resources, and to analyse trends and issues surrounding language education and cultural diversity. The themes below provide some examples of areas that will be explored at this conference:
- Approaches to Language Teaching, Assessment, and Evaluation;
- The Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) – pedagogies, resources, impact on curricula (international, national, provincial, local);
- Language and Culture – multilingualism / plurilingualism, cultural diversity, and cross-cultural communication;
- Teacher Collaboration to Improve Student Success;
- Metacognition and Learner Autonomy;
- Student Motivation and Engagement;
- Technology and Social Media within and across Borders;
- Language Education and Languages of Education – official languages, Indigenous languages, second languages, modern / foreign languages, heritage languages, immigrant languages.
We invite language educators and other professionals from across Canada and abroad to submit 100-word proposals by July 15, 2014. We encourage proposals that address, but are not restricted to, any of the sample themes listed above, or combinations thereof. We will particularly welcome original contributions that explore aspects of second language pedagogy in comparative, multidisciplinary, and interdisciplinary perspectives, and/or presentations that bring forward innovations and advancements in the field of language education.
The World Congress of Modern Languages: Collaborating across Languages and Borders is designed as an open forum for sharing knowledge, practices, and projects among all stakeholders in second language education, and we look forward to your participation – it is an opportunity that advances collaboration, fosters networking, and inspires great ideas!
Please note that selected presenters are responsible for their own travel, registration, and accommodation expenses.