Become a Member
Benefits of Membership
At the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT) we believe an association must put the members first, as without members there is no organization. Our goals are to offer a range of products and services relevant to our members, and include additional added value elements going beyond their expectations. We use member research to better understand the wants and needs – through online surveys, monthly polls, telephone interviews, in focus groups, and in person meetings.
As a professional association, the CASLT mission defines key areas of activity for the organization. We strive to deliver member satisfaction and membership value through relevant tangible, and intangible, benefits.
Professional Development and Delivery
- Workshops, CASLT CHEZ VOUS one-day PD Sessions, Symposia, and Conferences.
- Online self-paced tutorials and web-based PD… coming soon!
Resource and Publications Development and Delivery
- Free publications to members include the Language Teacher Calendar, Semaine de la langue française, Réflexions magazine and more!
- Discounted prices on CASLT resources including Plan on it! Event planning handbook, Celebrate Languages Poster Series, and Intensive French Toolkit.
- Research products include FSL Teachers’ Perspectives Report (2006) and an Examination of Intensive French Report (2005).
- Dissemination of research through our Exemplary Practices Podcast Series and Bibliography of Core French (to be posted in early 2008).
Communications and Advocacy
- CASLT award-winning Web site and monthly online newsletters for FSL, ESL and Modern Languages teachers.
- Annual Networking Event focused on the implications of new research, CASLT Position Papers with stakeholders across Canada.
- Speaker Bureau, Product Discounts, Affinity Programs, and Special Interest Groups. And more being added each year!
We believe that the benefits far exceed the cost of a CASLT membership, providing excellent value and complementing provincial language association benefits. Why are CASLT members’ loyal and long-lasting members? Because CASLT:
- Increases the flow of dialogue and influence in second language education;
- Engages our members in learning relationships;
- Offers memorable membership experiences; and,
- Values our members as the core of our organization.
Find out more and sign up for a CASLT membership here