A Common Framework of Reference and a Portfolio for Languages in Canada
In order to increase awareness on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and the European Language Portfolio and their potential adoption for use in the Canadian educational context, CASLT has developed an Information Kit intended for representatives of departments of education, school board officials, teacher educators, curriculum developers and language teachers. The series of fact sheets, the interactive (with audio) PowerPoints, and the video clip presentations by leading researchers in Canada provide background information and a clear distinction between these two instruments and how they support language learners of all levels.
Some presentations and fact sheets available in the kit include:
- Becoming Familiar with the European Language Portfolio:
- What Does It Look Like and How Is It Different? by Wally Lazaruk
- “ Le Cadre européen commun de référence pour les langues et le Portfolio européen des langues: leur potentiel pour le Canada” (in French), by Alina MacFarlane and Larry Vandergrift
- A Common Framework of Reference for Languages in Canada - FAQ
- A Portfolio for Languages in Canada - FAQ
- A Common Framework of Reference and Portfolio for Languages: Guidelines for Educational Authorities
- Strategies for Getting Started with a Common Framework and Portfolio for Languages in Canada.
To order a copy ($15.00), contact the CASLT National Office.
Find more CASLT resources like this one in our Resource Catalogue
Research articles on the Common Framework of Reference and Portfolio for Languages