Spanish: Culture I
General Web Sites
Discipline Linguistique : Espagnol | Emilangues – Seize séquences pédagogiques pour renforcer l’apprentissage de l’espagnol et découvrir la culture des pays où l’on parle espagnol
Feliz Navidad: A Mexican Christmas Unit on the Education World® Website. Objective of the lesson: “Students learn about Christmas in Mexico through story, Spanish language, song, art, and dance.”
All About Spain - Culture and Popular Customs - resources are available under the following headings:
- General Information - Spain in data, climate and average temperatures, history, architecture, Spanish tourist information centers in the world, and more.
- Flamenco - Development of Flamenco from its origins to modernity, and links to specific Web sites.
- Bullfight - Origins of bullfighting, what a "Corrida" is about, links to specific Web sites ...
- Fiestas and Folklore - The best known and the less known popular customs, and the most important events.
- Gastronomy - A survey of traditional Spanish cuisine.
Holidays and Customs
Recetas Favoritas de España - also available in English as Favourite Spanish Food Recipes - Paella, Tortilla de Patatas, Sweet Flan, Spanish Gazpacho, Horchata de Almendra. Spanish Christmas recipes, Horchata de Chufa, Pan de Horno, hot Churros with chocolate.
Mexico Desconocido culture and society fiestas and traditions - Costumes, myths and legends, charreria, habitat, languages, social organizations, traditional medicine, games, fairs, celebrations, folk dance, local music.
The Easter Story (No está aquí, pues ha resucitado)- The story of Easter is told in Spanish with notes on grammar and vocabulary.