Study on the Impact of COVID-19 on L2 Teachers and Their Practice
CASLT is conducting a research project to explore the enduring impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on second language (L2) teacher practice across the country. Language teachers: we want to know how the pandemic has affected you and your teaching practices.
- What challenges did you encounter during the pandemic?
- What support did you receive?
- What new teaching practices did you adopt?
The project will explore these ideas and provide an opportunity for L2 teachers to connect. It will include:
- A survey of CASLT’s membership
- An online focus group event for L2 educators and researchers
- Interventions by experts on remote L2 teaching
- Breakout and facilitated roundtable discussions
The survey is open to teachers of all languages at all levels.
To learn more about the study, read our Call for Participation.
Incentives for Survey Participants
Complete the survey and enter to win:
- One of twenty $10 gift cards (your choice of Starbucks, Tim Hortons, or Indigo Books & Music)
- A grand prize of your choice of five CASLT publications plus a bundle of CASLT swag
Focus Group Event
Stay tuned for more information about a focus group event on November 6. Focus group participants will learn the results of this survey, discuss their own experiences, and share innovative teaching practices that they have used or developed.
The University of Calgary Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board has approved this research study.
Download the Certification of Institutional Ethics Review.