The Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT), established in 1970, has grown from a small team of volunteers dedicated to supporting second language teachers into a multi-level organization. The phrase "second languages" encompasses both official and international languages.
Excellence in teaching languages.
CASLT fosters and advances professional excellence in the teaching of languages in Canada.
CASLT supports its members by promoting the advancement of language learning and teaching throughout Canada, by creating opportunities for professional development, by initiating and disseminating research, and by facilitating the exchange of information and ideas among language educators.
- Teaching and learning languages
- Linguistic and cultural diversity
- Professional learning
- Research-based practices
- Dialogue and collaboration
- Provide direct support to second language teachers through programs, products, and services.
- Provide a professional networking community to second language educators and policy makers.
- Communicate pan-Canadian and international views of current second language education issues and practices.
- Initiate, support, and disseminate research in second language teaching and learning.
- Advocate for second language educators.
- Provide leadership in advancing professional excellence in teaching languages.
pdf file By-law No. 1