Comprehensive Reviews, Reports and Presentations
Being bilingual or multilingual is ideal if you want to actively take part in all the social, academic and economic opportunities the country and the world have to offer. That being said, second language teaching brings an array of questions on the impact of second language learning, especially for young children, on their cognitive and academic development just to state those two.
To encourage parents, students, schools and school boards to make an informed decision, we gathered literature reviews, researches and presentations based on studies on the benefits and challenges of learning an additional language:
- Literature Review on the Impact of Second-Language Learning (2017)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages: What the Research Shows
- Alberta Education: Learning Another Language
- Government of Canada:
- The Standing Senate Committee on Official Languages - Report: Aiming Higher: Increasing bilingualism of our Canadian youth
- Joseph Dicks’ Presentation: French Immersion Research: Myth or Reality?