Classroom, School and Community Resources
In addition to the research-based articles found under the “What the Research Shows” section, you can find below articles, videos and Web pages on learning languages or on more specific topics such as French immersion and career benefits.
Do not hesitate to share the resources with parents, students, schools, school administrators or anyone who is not aware of all the positive outcomes of learning an additional language.
- Canadian Modern Language Review: What is the best age to learn a second/foreign language?
- National Post: Nancy Wise: French Immersion should be for all
- The Globe and Mail: Of Course French Immersion is not Perfect
- Entrepreneur: 4 Reasons Entrepreneurs Should Learn Another Language
- Monster: How Being Bilingual Can Benefit Your Career
- Entrepreneur: These 5 Global Business Leaders Speak Multiple Languages. Should You?
- Alberta Education: What School Administrators Need to Know about the Inclusion of Students with Diverse Needs in French Immersion Schools
- The Hola Blog: Myth vs Fact - Bilingual Language Development
- The Huffington Post: Apprendre une langue étrangère: 7 raisons de parler une autre langue (in French)
- United Nations: Multilingualism and the UN
- Seeker : Does Being Bilingual Make You Smarter?
- Seeker: Bilingual Brains are Better
- TED-Ed: The benefits of a bilingual brain
- Second Languages and Intercultural Council (SLIC): Video testimonials by parents, students and teachers on the impact of second language learning.
- Edmonton Public Schools: The French for Life! is a promotional tool to share key features of the French immersion program with parents, students and the community. (English-French)